Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Dark Knight Review

Just when I thought everybody is exaggerating that The Dark Knight is superb, I was wrong.

You see, I am not a fan of superhero movies. I haven't read any comic cartoon like boyfriend. But since he is a fan, I had to tag along if he wanted to watch one. E.G. spiderman and the like.

I haven't seen Batman Returns, Batman Forever and whatever Batman there is. The goodie thing when watching this kind of flicks is that it can stand alone on its own. Never mind not watching the previous movies, you can still understand the present one.

The Dark Knight was very good. The anticipation and excitement paid off. But I have to be honest, more than half of the movie I was concentrating and really observing the Joker. Ledger's performance was superb. His demeanor, body language and delivery creeped the heck out of me. Not that he stole the movie from Bale. Bale was good. But Ledger was unbelievable.

According to Adam Fendelman of Rotten Tomatoes, The Dark Knight boasts three things:
  • the role of a lifetime for the late Heath Ledger,
  • one of the best films of 2008 and
  • one of the greatest superhero films of all time.

It is indeed "The Godfather of superhero movies".

The death of Ledger was a big loss in the movie industry. Have you thought who will be the Joker in the next Batman film? Who will be brave enough to take the challenge?

I do hope Ledger will grab an Oscar for his performance. He deserves it.

2 comments:

Carl Joseph Papa said...

amen

I am Suplada said...

hehehe :)

to be fair.. nagagree ang carl sakin!