Monday, September 22, 2008

You are important in my world

I learned that I have a relatively big cyst in my neck a few months ago. I had a biopsy around June and the doctor told me that it's benign. I was very thankful.

I did not mind it for quite sometime because of my trips and work and what have you. When mum would ask me when I want it to be removed, I kept on rescheduling my appointments at Makati Med. I was looking for reasons why I shouldn't go there.

A part of me was afraid of the supposed operation. The biopsy was so painful enough for me to think about a scalpel cutting through my neck.

A few weeks ago, I was chatting with a very good friend and he asked about it.

Friend: "How's your cyst? Have you been to the doctor lately?"
Bons: "Nope. I don't have time"
Friend: "Goodness, you have good health benefits from your company, why don't you have it removed."
Bons: "I guess I'm afraid and I can't find time."
Friend: "Bons, take care of yourself, you are important in my world."

He lives at the other side of the world and still thought of my health condition. I was very touched.

At that moment, I remembered all the people who really care for me and those who love me. I promised myself to find time and go to the doctor and have it checked once again.

Hence, I will be leaving in an hour for Makati Med. Wish me luck.



Mood: Nervous

No comments: