Monday, March 8, 2010

Life changing

All of us will at some point experience life changing situations. Life changing situations that we think will bring either the most positive things or the other way around.

At 25, I've experienced quite a few life changing situations that made me become who I am now.

I experienced a life threatening 7.6 magnitude earthquake when I was 6 years old. I saw people rolling down the streets of Baguio. I was holding a statue of Santo Nino while I heard my sister crying. She was 1 year old. We were all alone with my mother and our yayas. My father was in Manila that time. I'm sure he was freaking out too.

My dad died when I was 18. It was a sudden death. My dad never saw my achievements after high school.

I got married at 24 due to some reasons that I would rather not elaborate. It was a tough decision.

I don't know what my point really is. But if you noticed, I rarely complain anymore in this blog. I used to rant and complain a lot. I'm a changed woman now. Not that I'm nicer. LOL. It's just that motherhood has really taught me to become more patient and to think twice every time I make decisions.

Early this morning, I was talking to my doctor to schedule my long over due surgery. This was supposed to be done in February but because of some conflicts, it has been moved.

Scheduling my surgery was much more difficult than I thought it would be. I know that everything will turn out fine. As my sister always tells me, I have the best doctors. But the idea that I'll have to be in the table again and all sorts of machines will be connected to my not so frail body are kinda freaky. Especially now, that being healthy is the most important thing in my list. I need to be strong and healthy for my baby.

You see, my friends of my age decide on which shoes to buy, or where to go this summer or what top will best suit them. On the other hand, I decide when my surgery would be, what milk should I buy and which diaper will best fit Lily.

It's all about perspective, choices and priorities. Mine are a lot different now. I'm not saying I miss being single, but I'm also wishing that I could do some things that single people do all the time.

Yes, I miss shopping. :x


No comments: