Thursday, April 15, 2010

Because I said so

I remember, people telling me, including my husband, that being a mother requires a lot of sacrifices that include giving up my dreams for myself. They said I should dream for our family instead.

I do not necessarily agree.

Sure, I gotta sacrifice a lot of things now that I have a family and our financial resources are somehow limited. But I never, never stopped dreaming and praying for my dreams to come true.

I still want to take up my MBA.
I still want to buy a vacation house for my mother.
I still want to go to Europe with my family.
I still want to be a UN volunteer.
And I still want that Chanel bag and those Louboutin pumps.

The only sacrifice I am doing now is to wait a lil longer for these dreams to come true. It is frustrating at times but I promised myself to change my perspective from this day onwards.

After all, frustration and stress kill.

And yes, Happiness is a choice.

1 comment:

brightseries said...

Wow, that post really boosted my feminist side! As a teenager, you really made me think about what my mum's goals in life that doesn't and did not include me and our family as a whole. By the way, those are some really nice goals you set out for yourself. Hopefully, you're able to attain that happiness soon in your life :)