Thursday, March 17, 2011

Manila Living

When you've been to places that value space, structure, urban planning and trees, you will feel sorry for yourself, especially if you live in Metro Manila.

City living in the Philippines can be very detrimental to your health.

  • Pollution
  • Dirty public toilets
  • Garbage
  • Plastic bags everywhere
  • Too much traffic
  • Too few trees
  • Poor conditions of streets and highways
  • A lot of beggars, street kids, snatchers and criminals of all sort

Don't get me wrong, I am a proud Pinay. I am proud of my brown skin and not too tangos nose. But when you have a 16 month old kid who loves insects, flowers, tress, birds, dogs and anything nature-y you will have to think twice where you will raise her.


Lil Lily loves running in parks. Salcedo Park, Ayala Triangle Gardens and Legazpi Park are the only places in the heart of Metro Manila where you can enjoy fresh air.

If you have a kid, as playful, as curious and as adventurous as Lily, you will have to think of her future.


I don't think we will have public spaces for small kids to play in the near future.
I don't think we will have a decent zoo where you can see a variety of animals and not only snakes in the near future.
I don't think I will be able to see decent trees and plants along EDSA in the near future.

I think it is unfair for Lily if I raise her here. If I do, I will be depriving her from all the beautiful things she should see, touch, feel and enjoy.




:)

P.S.

Later, my girl will be walking down the aisle to shower my cousin's bride with flower petals. I am so excited!

No comments: