Sunday, October 5, 2008

Club Ascend baby.

3 October 2008 (Manila, Philippines) - We had Dinner at Sumo Sam Shangrila with our Sales Director from Hongkong. The whole Sales and Marketing team was there. Gilbert, our boss told me to order for everybody. I ordered prolly 20 plates or so of different dishes. Turned out just enough for all of us, if Allan were there.




After dinner, Chiqui, Tin and I met up with Mike. We were guestlisted by Allan at the hippest club in town, Ascend at Bonifacio High Street. Mike had to do some impulsive shopping that night because he wasn't allowed to go inside. There's this boring dress code of no sleeveless tops for men/gays. He had to buy a top at Philosophy just to get in. BOOO...

Anywoo, we crashed the StyleBible party launch and so super classy and chic people were there from Ornusa Cadness to Rajo Laurel to Gretchen Barreto (How do you spell her surname?) to Liz Uy to Victor Basa to Gian Romano. Of course, I did not take pictures of those high end people because I don't want to look like a groupie, or worse, chaka. I was trying to fit in the crowd of super sushal people who I assume live in Forbes Park with Porsche/BMW cars so whatevs. I had to pretend. I know I'm not chaka. I'm not as rich as them either. There were ladies wearing Margiela , LV, Marc Jacobs and GOD knows what other designer stuff. So get the picture? And yes, a lot of people in the third brown world can afford those brands even if we have like one of the worst transportation systems in the whole of Mother Earth or more than 50% living below the poverty line. I'm bitter because I can't afford those brands. hehehe...

I am not the best party person in this side of the world. Because (i) I get so teary-eyed after 1 hour of exposure in cigarette smoke and smoke machine, (ii) I have low tolerance of pain when it comes to super high heeled-shoes. I was wearing a high wedge that night. (iii) I like talking to people instead of dancing to a point that you are shouting at each other just to ask if you want a beer or not.

So after an hour of dancing and one bottle of booze, Tin and I decided to go to Starbcuks and rest our legs. We just chatted the night away and went back an hour or so to dance once more time. When we got back, the sushal people weren't there anymore, chaka people came in. Our group decided to leave because we weren't feeling the music anymore and there were a lot of foreigners with Pinays (you know what I mean) dirty dancing.

I didn't know that Ascend can turn from sushality to chakaness in just an hour.

But I had fun. To be honest, this is not the kind of party I really like to go to. The last time I went to Embassy was I think 2 years ago. I like an acoustic band playing while drinking Margarita better.

Thanks Allan for the guest list though. :P

We went straight to QC, had Pilugaw at Lugawan Republic and stayed at my bff's apartment until the sun rose.

Chiqui, Tin and I had fun telling Mike stories about bullshits happening in the office.

Mood: Sleepy!

No comments: