Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Felix (Sushal Dining)



Felix is located at the 28th floor of The Peninsula Hong Kong. The 5 star dining experience will definitely give you a first impression that they mean serious sushal dining just by riding the private lift from the Hotel lobby to the restaurant where the lights will get dimmer as you reach the 28th floor. It has been voted as the Best restaurant in Asia and is included in the Top 50 Best Restaurants in the World according to the Restaurant magazine.



The stairs will lead you to the bar where guests will have a fantastic view of Hong Kong. Of course I went there but was not able to take a photo. I was so shy. The sheer drape just gives every visitor the "wow" impression.



The place was designed by Philippe Starck who is is a well-known French Product designer and probably the best known designer in the New Design style. I was amazed on how the walls were designed that will just make you speechless. Perfect lighting, perfect texture and wonderful material.



Each seat has a cotton cover with the printed faces of past chefs and managers of the place.




If you have this kind of view, it will indeed make your stay a memorable one right?

Let's talk about the food.

For appetizer I had, Julienned potatoes with fresh Wagyu beef.




I finished the whole thing without saying a word. It was served with sweet white wine, which by far the best wine I've tasted. I have the cork and the label at the flat.

For main course, I had Lamb Chops with mint leaves (I think). The meat was tender and succulent. But I'm not really a fan of mint in dishes. It was good though.




This was served with Red wine which was a bit too strong for me. :)

I would die right now if somebody could give me a piece of lemon squares. I am a fan of lemon squares and cheesecake (forget brownies and chocolate cakes). So infusing these two would be heaven!

For dessert I had citrus cheesecake and it was the perfect combination of my happy food :)




It was served with Häagen-Dazs Vanilla Ice cream or was it Ben and Jerry's?. Anyway I finished the whole thing without blinking!

I cannot say that the 200 USD meal was worth it because let's face it, that's too expensive for Filipinos. But I can say that the experience was one of a kind. Thanks to my good friends, James and John for this one of a kind birthday gift :) I really appreciate it.




And yes, all the tables were made of REAL MARBLE and the glasses were made of REAL CRYSTALS.

Felix is very avant-garde so to speak so you can't wear flops or whatever.

For reservations, please see below.

The Peninsula Hotel
28/F, Salisbury Rd.
Hong Kong, China
2366-6251

You can ride the MTR and take off at the Tsim Sha Tsui Station. I think The Peninsula Exit is E.

No comments: