Monday, December 22, 2008

Third World

My biggest problem in coming back here in Manila is the idea of commuting from Makati to my office . I know, I know, some of my readers commute from Paranaque or Cavite to wherever, but for somebody like me, who is apparently not used to commuting and pushing people, it really becomes a pain the ass.

You see, I studied in CSR where it was just a 5 minute ride from my house to the school but I still rode a school bus until I graduated. I studied in Makati Science which was seriously a 3 minute walk from my house and sometimes Dad had to pick me up if I had a lot of things to bring. I studied in UPLB where trying to ride a bus in EDSA on a Monday morning was HELL!. It wasn't a problem then because I only had to suffer 2 days of smog then I'll be in the province and the campus where you should and must walk through beaten path.

MANILA is not coolest place in the world, and even if Filipinos take a bath everyday, you would agree with me that there are people in the MRT who already smells even at 9 AM :) (Maasim na agad). -This is my other problem!

I just came for a country where the transportation system is ooh lala. Transferring from one train line to another is a breeze in Hong Kong. So in the advent of lower gasolines and the lifting of the 10 peso additional Taxi fare, I've been riding the taxi EVERY SINGLE DAY since I arrived.

Expensive much?

I know I can't forever do this. I am not rich and my meager salary is not enough for me to buy a car.

It just pisses me off, that when I ride the jeepney and the MRT, I see black SUVs and F150's and Jaguars with government official plates in them and drivers wearing Barongs.

Putanginang mga pulitiko yan! The people should urge them to experience riding the MRT and Jeepneys so they will know how it feels to breathe third world smog/air.

Maybe, just maybe, they're gonna do something about it.


No comments: