Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Baby News

I am on my 34th week now. I can safely give birth in 21 days. That's roughly a month from now.

I went to the doctor last Monday to get some pretty good news:

1. My blood is so back. :) I guess the malunggay therapy worked.
2. Baby gained weight and she's already getting in position. Head down.
3. I lost weight (around 2 lbs) but I'm happy to announce that baby is right back on track.

I'm also very grateful because gifts for Lilly have been pouring in.

1. My friend who came from the US gave a jumper suit for Lilly in pink. Thank you!
2. My cousins and aunt in the US sent me a balikbayan box full of baby stuff. Really cute dresses, infant clothing, baby books, baby carrier and what have you. I feel loved. Thank you!
3. I will be expecting a few more stuff from other relatives and friends in the coming weeks that include BPA-free bottles and what not.

I'm still running everywhere to get the important things that include:

1. CRIB! I can't find the right crib with a reasonable price. The one I want is 25,000 PESOSES! I won't buy that of course. Only politicians can afford that. SCREW THEM.

2. LAMPINS! I have to get these in Baclaran. Probably in the weekend so hubby can wash them already.

3. YAYA! I still couldn't find a yaya. I should get one asap. Finding a yaya is such a major pain in the ass. They're so demanding!

4. CASH! Ok, the estimated bill when I give birth at MMC is not really you know....reasonable...

We'll get it covered but it would be really hard for the next months for us. As I've mentioned in my blog, getting proper health care in the Philippines means loads of money and our government wouldn't care less if you don't get any health care services. Philhealth can only solve 1% of your healthcare problems. Private HMOs (Read: Platinum membership) can solve the other 30% and the rest will still be your fuckin problem.

Oh well, I should stop complaining because I feel loved right now. Thank you for all the prayers, support and gifts.

The most important thing right now is that Lilly is healthy and mummy did not get so fat. :))

No comments: