Sunday, September 13, 2009

She's here!

Lily arrived at 2:50 am on September 8, 2009.

I had a C-Section but I also experienced labor. Both were/are excruciatingly painful. I was on labor September 7 from 2:30 AM until the next morning when the doctor decided to have her delivered.

I was exhausted. I was in so much pain. I was very weak.

When you are in labor at MMC they let you stay at the delivery until you pop unlike in other hospitals where you can do labor in your own room. All I could see were machines attached, injections, nurses, interns, student nurses and resident doctors.

Lily had very good vital signs the whole day while I was on labor. I was hoping that the cervix would open up a bit.

After 10 hours of pain, my cervix hadn't dilated yet but my bag was leaking so I had to stay in the hospital and endure everything.

September 8 around 1 am, I already asked for epidural anesthesia. You know the tube that they put in the spinal cord so you won't feel anything at all. The whole process was so painful I scratched the hands of both the nurses holding me. I was very weak. My doctor decided to stay with me in the hospital the whole night. It was one rainy night.

I slept for a while because the anesthesia kinda helped. When I woke up at 1:30 am, I saw the doctor staring at me. They were hooking me with oxygen. He told me that Lily's vital signs were going down. Her heart rate was very unstable.

He told me "Bons, we're gonna perform CS na ha". And I said "Whatever you say I trust you doc."

I was groggy. They transferred me in the Operating Room, they let me sign some papers, I held the hand of my anesthesiologist and asked him to make sure that I won't feel any pain during the operation.

I woke up right after they got Lily. I could remember that the pedia was with her in the table, they were checking her. She was crying and before she left the OR, the pedia told me, "I will let her smell you first before we bring her to the nursery." And so they did. My OB even peeked at me and said "Congrats" He was smiling. I was relieved

The next thing I knew was that I was already in Recovery Room. I woke up at 8 am and asked for Lily. They said they will let me meet her in my room. I will just have to wait.

Never mind if I had to endure 24 hours of unbelievable labor pains...
Never mind if the nurses, resident doctors, interns and student nurses saw my not so DAWN ZULUETA pregnant body....
Never mind if my breasts are as big as papayas right now....
Never mind if our bill is almost the same as the downpayment for a 4x4 vehicle.....

IT WAS WORTH IT.



Yes. She has my eyes.



This was me 24 years ago.

Ok back to breastfeeding... to be continued

No comments: