Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mom and Tina's Bakery Cafe

Tin decided to celebrate her birthday last rainy Friday evening at Mom and Tina's Bakery Cafe in Pasig.

I've been there once and bought Brazo de Mercedez and small slices of brownies and lemon meringue square (I LOVE).

Anywoo, hours before going there, I've double checked the menu so I could already decide which will I be ordering for dinner.

We ordered:

1. Mango Kani Salad (Php 209/ USD 4) - full serving (good for 4 persons)



Chiqui likes this sooo much. I like the Kani and sweet mango strips. However, I did not eat much because it has like loads of mayonnaise on top of it. Y'all know how I hate mayo right.

Verdict 3.5 out of 5 Stars. The lettuce was fresh and the mango was sweet :)

2. Ribeye-Steak served with fries/mashed potato/rice. (Php 285/ USD 4.5)


I like steaks which are cooked medium rare to medium. Well done steaks are not really yummy you know. It gets too hard and you will have the feeling that your tummy will stop digesting it after a few minutes. I like the rib-eye but it's really nothing special compared to Tender Bob's or Outback Steakhouse' rib-eye. The serving is big enough for me to feel so bloated few hours after.

Verdict: 3.5 out of 5 stars. The taste is a little kulang. I dunno. I like the gravy though.

3. Lasagna (Php 120 / USD 3.5)

Their Lasagna is probably one of the best that I've ever tasted. It was cheesy, hot and scrumptious. It's a must try! It is served with 2 dinner rolls which are equally good.

Verdict: 5 out of 5 stars

4. Dark Toblerone Walnut Torte (Php 485 / USD 10)
for approximately half a gallon.

Their cold desserts are their best sellers. It was sweet, yummy and good. This maybe one of the reasons why I am suffering tonsilitis right now. Ice cream cakes or tortes are my favorite.

Verdict: 5 out of 5 stars

Other yummy treats that you will find here are the following:

Cupcakes (Php 11-24 )

Mini American Apple Pie, Mini Mango Creme Pie and the works (Php 80 / USD 2)


The ambiance was nice. The interiors were very cozy and comfortable. The waiters were kind and friendly. The manager was ANTIPATIKO! I soooo hate him.

Get this, they do not allow reservations. So we just went there and got the table that could seat all 9 of us. Then the manager told us why we were late and that we had to dine fast because there were other reservations for the night. Yadi yada. I looked at the other tables and these were empty. There was no queue outside so I did not get the idea of him rushing us to order and finish fast! Being the antipatika Bons that you know, I retaliated and told him

Bons: "Ganyan talaga kayo kahigpit dito no? and hindi kayo talaga friendly?"
Manager: "Ganon talaga eh".

Fuck him! For the record Mr. Manager, since you have no reservations, it meant that you do a first come first serve protocol. We came in first and just like any other restaurants in the metro, we can stay until dawn if we wanted too. And for crying out loud, we spent almost 500 bucks per head. Didn't we have the right to stay at least for 30 minutes after our meals? After all, there were still available tables and there was no queue outside. Fuck you! By the way, it was my second visit there and I experienced the same hostile treatment from the same manager. Kaya I have all the right to get pissed and retaliate.

Sayang yung food niyo and the reviews that people wrote about your cafe if the manager has issues with people dining in with no carlaloo. Maybe he had a problem because most of us had no car and went there riding a lowly Toyota Corolla Cab. And all the other customers parked their SUVs and sedans in front of the restaurant. Anong akala mo samin, POOR? excuse me ha.

But then again, try to visit the place. You're after the dining experience naman.

Mom and Tina’s Bakery CafĂ©
106 E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave.
Bgy. Ugong, Pasig City
632. 914-0833

Pictures taken from dessertcomesfirst.

No comments: